Saturday, March 29, 2008

Technology {Week 3}

[T5] I'm still messing around with flickr. Much like my space, I think Flickr is a lot more fun when you are part of a group experience. (This seems to be true for other acitivities as well-lol). My mission is to get friends and family as "addicted" to flickr as I am.

[T6] The flickr mashups that I enjoyed were (a) spelling with flickr and (b) delivr. Spelling reminds me of one of those movies where the serial killer cuts out letters from magazines and leaves clues for the police; I can't explain, but it's cute and creepy at the same time. Delivr, on the other hand, is a nice way to send ecards (post/birthday/mothers day/etc). So for those of you who can't keep an address to save their lives, there is a way!!! I didn't particularly like retrievr. With that program, it seems like there's more emphasis on matching colors than pairing shapes. Then again, trying to match pictures with rough sketches is like trying to pair kids fingerpaints with Van Gogh.

[T7]Of particular interest to me is fine tuning my online search skills. I always feel overwhelmed by the amount of hits I originally get. Sometimes, I feel as though I happen to stumble upon what I'm looking for.

I think people should checkout instant messaging. It's a great diversion and a cost effective way to keep in touch/communicate with friends/family. The down side is that it often leads to procrastination.

Creating an Avatar is so cool. It's like having an online doll. Only problem is I don't have the time it takes to change outfits and hairstyles or backgrounds as often as I think I should (lol).

Overall, I'm enjoying the new experience!

No comments: