Friday, May 2, 2008

Utube {Week 9}

[T20] YouTube is fun. My little sister actually turned me on this some months ago. I've tried finding the clip she showed me, but I think the name I'm searching with is not quite right. (If only I knew what tagging was back then! lol). As a consolation, I found some funny clips. Kids are the cutest! They say and do the most hilarious things. I could see the library using youtube for a whole host of purposes: (1) recording events and using them for presentations/advertisement, (2) showing patrons how to use services.

[T21] Searching for free podcasts (extra emphasis on the free) was time consuming, but podcastalley and yahoopodcasts are excellent directories. One site in particular caught my attention, mevio.com. Being the music lover that I am, this site provides up and coming artists with a platform. Again, it takes time to weed through all they have to offer (both the good and bad), but I've managed to find a few gems.

[T22] All Right! I did it! Yay! I downloaded Uncle Tom's Cabin from Librovox. It only took a couple hours to wrap my head around it, but I've finally done it. I think the reader (Johng) did it justice. More often than not, readers tend to kill the literary work. This reader brings it to life by changing voices as often as he changes characters. Sites like this are revolutionizing our industry as we know it.

2 comments:

Librarian4Change said...

Two more to go! You'll do it--Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Remember to do the 23rd thing. Summarize your experience. It looks good. Wed. we will celebrate in the learning lab.